- Twitter contractors in charge of monitoring account security and fraud improperly accessed data from the accounts of celebrities, including Beyoncé, Bloomberg reported Monday.
- Former employees said Twitter’s internal controls were so lax that contractors were able to see users’ phone numbers, email addresses, and approximate locations by creating fake help desk requests, according to Bloomberg.
- Twitter’s security practices have come under intense scrutiny following a major hack of 130 prominent people and companies including Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Kanye West, Apple and Uber.
- More than 1,000 employees and contractors had access to the internal tool at the core of the hack.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Twitter’s lax internal policies allowed members of its security team to access the personal information of celebrity users, including Beyoncé, without their permission, Bloomberg reported Monday.
The security team,…