MESA, AZ — A massive sports and entertainment complex with soccer fields, volleyball courts, baseball and softball fields, an outdoor stadium, an e-sports arena, and a fitness center will soon begin development in Mesa.
Officials are expected to hold a groundbreaking ceremony on Friday, Sept. 18 to mark the beginning of construction of Legacy Sports Park, a $250 million, 320-acre sports and entertainment facility that will be built near Ellsworth and Pecos roads, just east of Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport.
When completed, the park will boast:
- 24 soccer fields, with the ability to expand to 50
- An 8,000-seat outdoor stadium
- Six sand soccer fields
- Eight baseball and softball fields
- Twenty sand volley courts, including a stadium court
- 40 pickleball courts
- 62 indoor volleyball courts
- 15 basketball courts, plus an arena
- Six Futsal courts
- 50-acre outdoor space for concerts, events, and festivals
- An outdoor amphitheater