The continued spread of the coronavirus means a large segment of MGM Resorts International’s Entertainment & Sports Division will be out of jobs, according to a company letter.
MGM plans to cancel the remainder of its August performances after analyzing health trends, according to a letter Entertainment & Sports President George Kliavkoff sent to employees on Monday. The employees within that division likely won’t be called back by the end of August, when MGM announced impending layoffs.
“As you were previously informed, MGM employees who are not recalled on or before August 31, 2020 will be separated from the company on that date, and it now looks like that will unfortunately include the large majority of employees working in our division,” Kliavkoff said.
MGM Resorts International CEO Bill Hornbuckle told employees in a letter they will remain furloughed until Aug. 31. Some would be brought back. Those who weren’t would be terminated.
At least a fraction of those layoffs…